Dr CHRIS K CHIN M.B.,B.S.(W.A.),F.A.M.A.C.
Myofascial Medicine & Laser Acupuncturist
Dr Chris Chin, author of Be your own Back Guru graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery in 1984 from the University of Western Australia. Chris is an award winning international speaker and also a regular presenter at Australian Medical Acupuncture College Seminars.
Listed below are some of Chris’ achievements to date:
- Completed Introductory Acupuncture Course run by Fellows of the Australian Medical Acupuncture College 9th of June 1985
- Became a Fellow of the Australian Medical Acupuncture Society in 1987 now a Fellow of the Australian Medical Acupuncture College
- Completed General Practice training with the Family Medicine Program in 1990
- Post-Graduate course in Nutrition and Environmental Medicine October 1996
- Attended Myofascial Pain Management Seminar by Professor David Simons (of Simons & Travell) September 1997 Surfers Paradise QLD
- Post-Graduate course in Sports Medicine November 2000
- Involved in the production of a Fall Prevention Educational Video for older Australians with the Injury Control Council of Western Australia (ICCWA) October 2003
- Member of the General Practice Strategic Committee at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Western Australia October 2003 to July 2004
- Presented 2 posters on The Aetiology of Back and Lower Limb Pain at the 2004 Australian Conference of Science and Medicine in Sport. Alice Springs 7th October 2004
- Presented 2 papers at the ICMART (International Council of Medical Acupuncture and Related Techniques) 2004 XI World Medical Congress. Won a Prize for Scientific Paper at the congress.
- Presented a paper “Seating can Often Cause Low Back Pain” at the First Annual Australian Lifestyle Medicine Conference in Sydney, March 2009.
- Published an article on “Treating low-back pain” in the May 2009 edition of The Journal of Complementary Medicine.
More about Dr Chin…
Working for the last 22 years at Cockburn Medical Centre as a Vocationally Registered General Practitioner with special interests in Sports Medicine, Myofascial Pain Management and Laser Acupuncture.
Makes occasional Presentations on the Biomechanical causes of Pain for Corporate Clients.
Adjunct researcher at the UWA school of Medicine Dept of General Practice.
Fellow of the Australian Medical Acupuncture College
Member of Australian College of Nutrition and Environmental Medicine
Member of Sports Medicine Australia
Member of the Injury Control Council of Western Australia
Member of the Australian Lifestyle Medicine Association Inc